Who are we?
We are Age Concern Mole Valley, a local charity dedicated to ‘improving the lives of older people’ in Mole Valley and ‘making later life a fulfilling and enjoyable experience’. Age Concern Mole Valley is a registered charity (no. 1111678) and company limited by guarantee (no. 5409543). The registered address is The Point, Mayflower, Lyons Court, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1AB.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you register to either use one of our services, use our website, for example, when you contact us, or to make a donation, or if you register to receive updates about Age Concern Mole Valley’s services.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include basic details, such as your name, address, date of birth, next of kin, email address, plus if applicable to the particular service you receive, the following:
- Contact we have had with you such as home visits.
- Details and records on case work, Volunteers assigned, Care Agencies allocated.
- Relevant information from people who assist you and know you well, such as carers and relatives.
- Staff will always ask for consent to record your data and follow the policies for confidentiality at all times.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Send you a communication regarding an Age Concern Mole Valley service that you have registered for or take part in;
- Process a donation that you have made;
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notify you of changes and developments to our services;
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about events, campaigns, appeals, other Age Concern Mole Valley service information;
- Process a volunteer application;
- Process a job application.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example the collection of Gift Aid). We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We will not transfer your personal information to a third party.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive communications from us about the work we do for older people and our services, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for communication/marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for communication/marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your preferences at any time by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can telephone 01306 899104.